Thursday 14 January 2016

We are what we say – THINK



We are what we say – THINK!

Although I am not oblivious to the physical beauty of all and everything around me, I almost always and in the first place address or recognize the inner beauty of people when I refer to someone as being beautiful.

This is not always a natural reaction but a conscious “will” decision to find the beauty even though it might not be physical in nature. When I recognize this, I more often than not will also offer this observation as a compliment.

It just so happens that many people are either not aware of their own inner beauty or they just absolutely refuse to acknowledge it. The results of the latter will manifest itself through all sorts of “dis-ease” on both the mental and the physical level.  

Now not so long ago I shared a brief observation with a beautiful friend. Despite the briefness, and even before I completed this observation my inner voice shouted for my attention stating the following: “do not be judgmental, be grateful for that which you have.” I did complete what I was saying though but this really bugged me.

Although on a conscious level, no ill intent was meant, something negative in the subconscious mind must have motivated my response. It required some critical thinking and meditation to establish the latter, but I did. I decided to offer an apology to the relevant parties: not because I had to or someone suggested that I do, but because I wanted to. Why? Well, simply because by saying that which I did and in hindsight, I realized that I did something that is not part of who I want or choose to be.

I choose not to be judgmental, critical, fearful, jealous of others or things. The mind and the consciousness needs to be made aware of this “will” so as to when any of these emotions pop up, it will produce a reminder of this “will” decision and change it right there in that moment.

The idea is to reach and develop awareness where one is consciously unconsciously aware of your thoughts, feelings and so forth in order to live unconsciously conscious. Then one becomes aware of what one is saying whilst thinking and saying it. You become aware of your feelings whilst thinking about what it is that you are thinking/saying and or feeling.

One become aware of what feelings and emotions will result from publicizing that which you are experiencing in that moment ...  thinking, feeling and expressing. Your sensitivity towards and about yourself, establish within you an awareness or a consciousness of your connectedness to all and everything. This envelop you with the miracle of life … unconditional love and gratitude!

Your vision of the most beautiful flower, the most romantic sunset, the most beautiful physicality that you have ever seen, will pale in comparison with the experience of this love. This is the kind of love that cannot be expressed in words … it is expressed in tears. It is the only way the heart can express it. This is what I would like to believe to be, God consciousness or God conscious love!

The apologies were accepted and one return comment was that it wasn’t necessary. It was however important that I “show” who I am (share my humanness), what I am thinking and not try to hide from it. This was a wonderful, loving and thought-provoking statement and one that “ordered” contemplation!

Every moment in life is a gift of grace. It is an opportunity, not necessarily to discover who we are or be reminded by someone else of who we are, it is an opportunity to create that which or who we choose to be. That is why being in the/this moment is so important because it offers us the option to change our thoughts or actions right there in that moment!

Negative become positive, anger becomes love, fear becomes love, and want becomes gratitude even for that which one does not have. Everything becomes love and you will enjoy the miracle of that moment. Peace will smile upon your face and she will nestle in your beingness.

As I write these words I also share with you the tears: “the heart’s way of trying expressing herself in this moment”.

Perhaps then this would be an appropriate moment to leave you with the warmness, peace and beautiful love that you experience in this moment.

Peace be with you


© Matthys Ferreira
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment